Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the ongoing development and revitalisation of the whole city. We see the Central Business District (CBD) playing a pivotal role through the creation of economic, social and cultural opportunities.
The City Centre Masterplan maps the future for our CBD and Council have been working for many years with the City Centre Masterplan Committee, local businesses and the community to deliver on its vision.
The CBD has been transformed over the last five years with significant works delivered from the Masterplan including:
- September 2019: $2million dollar City Square Rebuild completed.
- July 2019: Council authorised progression of the Cultural & Civic Space Project to detailed design and construction.
- May 2019: Council adopts Coffs Harbour City Centre Development Incentive Policy.
- 2018: Council adopts Business Incentive Policy.
- 2018: Grandstand demolished and new public amenities installed at Brelsford Park
- 2018: Completion of upgrade work to Park Ave Carpark.
- 2017: New Shade sails installed in Moonee Street, Harbour Drive, West High Street and Vernon Street.
- 2016-2017: Duke Street Extension completed including interpretive historical signage and street furniture.
- 2016: Major drainage works completed along with removal of the Harbour Drive/Gordon Street roundabout and replacement with traffic lights.
- 2016: Castle Street car park facelift completed including top-floor shade structures, lifts and structural repairs.
- 2015: New transport hub completed in Park Ave.
- 2014: Castle Street amenities block opened which includes a Changing Places inspired disabled facility.
- 2014: The Coffs Harbour Skate Plaza was officially opened.
Future activities include the activation of CCTV security cameras in City Square, investment in events and cultural activities to stimulate a vibrant CBD, activation of CBD laneways and further development of the Cultural & Civic Space Project.
Friday, October 4 will see the official opening of one of the key projects from the Masterplan, the redeveloped City Square.
I encourage the community to head along from 5pm to celebrate the achievements of the last five years and get a taste for what the future of the CBD holds.