Do you have a great idea for an arts and cultural project? Coffs Harbour City Council is inviting applications for the 2019-20 Arts and Cultural Development Grants program.
The grants program encourages the development of projects by artists (including visual, music, performing, literary and film based), arts organisations and community based organisations that enrich the arts and cultural life of the community.
Funding assistance of between $2,000 and $5,000 is available for events and projects that support new and exciting arts and cultural projects and initiatives in our communities.
The grants program supports projects that share one or more of the five priority areas outlined in the Creative Coffs Strategic Plan 2017-2022:
- Engage our community and visitors in the cultural life of the area
- Create and maintain vibrant cultural and public spaces
- Understand and celebrate our Aboriginal and diverse cultural heritage
- Value and support our creative industries
- Encourage connections, collaboration and partnerships.
Applications that are well planned, show evidence of consultation and a clear rationale will be considered by an assessment panel comprising of community and arts representatives.
This is a great opportunity to ignite that creative idea and make it a reality. Information including the online application form is available on Council’s website www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/grants Applications close Friday 31 May 2019.