Now is the time to make your voice heard on a new Coffs Harbour Urban Lands Strategy through a series of workshops on April 1 and 2 or an online survey.
Last year, Council approved the first stage of the development of the strategy when it endorsed the Coffs Harbour Residential Strategy Phase 1 – Final Issues and Options Paper.
The scope of the strategy has since been widened so that it can form part of a review of the existing Our Living City Settlement Strategy, established in 2008, and it has been renamed the Coffs Harbour Urban Lands Strategy .
The new Urban Lands Strategy will guide future growth, place-making and development in the entire Coffs Harbour area.
The importance of creating liveable neighbourhoods with a defined identity and preserving our natural environment were themes that stood out in the MyCoffs consultation for the development of a new Community Strategic Plan for the area.
Here is a further opportunity to shape the future of Coffs Harbour by sharing your views about urban growth in your area and the type of place you’d like it to be. Complete a survey or talk directly to Council’s Planners about what you value most about the character of your local area and how you want it to look in the future.
We want to hear:
- What you value most about the character of your local area, and would like to see retained into the future.
- Your thoughts on managing future growth and change.
- Your priorities for the environment, jobs and economic growth and liveability.
To find out more – and share your views – interested residents are being invited to come along to a community workshop or complete an online survey.
- Coramba General Store and Providore, 31A Gale Street Coramba – Saturday 1 April 2017 (12pm-2pm) Book Here
- Rustic Mezedes, 16 Market Street Woolgoolga – Saturday 1 April 2017 (5.30pm-7.30pm) Book Here
- Jetty Markets, Coffs Harbour – Sunday 2 April 2017 (drop in any time between 7am and 12noon)
- 63 First Ave, 59 First Avenue Sawtell – Sunday 2 April 2017 (4.00pm-6.00pm)Book Here.
Registration for the workshops can be made by following the links above. Light refreshments will be provided.